Friday 28 September 2012

Monster Vision


For the animatic, Nikki asked me to have a wee look at the monster vision ideas. Sam's Monster's vision was actually proving to be a VERY difficult task to pull off.



As Sam's monster is mainly rocky textures I tried to have some dusty textures around his eyes to explain to the audience that it is Sam's Monster's vision. However I felt it was too distracting and boring.




In this test, as Sam's Monsters eyes have an orange glow, I thought I'd add the orangy/yellow tint to the vision. I also gave the vision a watery movement to try to bring some life to the scene. But it just didn't really seem to work.


Of course these are only the first two tests. More practice and research are undoubtedly needed for this section if we continue with it in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment